Monday, March 18, 2013

SPP Undergarments - Petticoat part 1

The next few posts will just be old entries from livejournal that I am bringing over to this blog

I knew right from the moment I started this project that I had to have a fully ruffled petticoat over my hoop.  Why?  Either I have drooled over Gone With The Wind too many times or because I am a sucker for punishment.  What started out as a simple task, soon turned into 75 yards of pintucked ruffles that had me wondering what was I thinking.  I almost stopped at two ruffles, but I am glad I didn't, because I love my frilly petticoat.  I wish I could just wear it by itself.

Here was the inspiration



I started out with 55 yards of cut out ruffles, and ended up using 75 (two trips to the store) and a whole lot of thread!



My floor is getting eatin by ruffles!!


More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment