Monday, March 18, 2013

Single Pattern Project: Pattern Mock-up

The next few posts will just be old entries from livejournal that I am bringing over to this blog


Your Wardrobe Unlocked's 2009 project was this gorgeous 1860's Day Dress. 
http://tidenstoej.natmus.dk/periode1/dragt.asp?ID=100

This beautiful gown has so many possibilities, Day Dress, and Evening Dress.  I wanted eventually to do both, but for this contest I decided to do just the evening dress.


I finally got the pattern enlarged and put together, and now the first mock-up was made.

Here are all the lovely pattern pieces.


Front and back views.   I cut the pattern out as it was, as it was close to my size.  I did notice that I have a wider back so I initially added a few inches to the center back right off the bat.  The fit overall was fairly close.  There are a few changes though.  The lady was more endowed than I am, so alittle taking in at the front seams, and I don't want my version of this gown to be so revealing, so the back and front necklines need to be raised.  On to my second mock-up with this information. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment