Monday, March 18, 2013

SPP Undergarments - Modesty slip

The next few posts will just be old entries from livejournal that I am bringing over to this blog

The modesty slip which is worn over the chemise, pantalets and corset to prevent any embarrassing situations should my hoop skirt fly up. :-)

I wanted to make this piece just for fun, I don't really need it since my chemise is so long, but I couldn't resist.
I wanted to make something inspired by this

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/cinderellascloset/10%20-%20VICTORIAN%20COSTUME/Real%20Gowns/Undergarments/xa3566p0.jp
g

Here are the embroidered panels.   I cut apart one of my trims to get just the sheer section and used it to connect the panels



And here is the finished product........




Yay, it turned out even prettier than I had imagined :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment