Monday, March 18, 2013

Double Period Project: Final Pictures

The next few posts will just be old entries from livejournal that I am bringing over to this blog
 
 
Here are my final pictures of my entry.  I went to a local museum and they were kind enough to let me take pictures all over the place including several roped off areas.


  
   
 

Here are a few detail shots, including the only shot I got of the dust ruffle.

 

I used a modified TV Fantail for the underskirt and draped the overskirt.  The bodice was also a modified TV pattern.  I had originally wanted to make the bodice with the high neck and collars like men's coats and vests, but then I found this painting

and I like the idea of a more "evening" style dress.  I would like someday to add lace cuffs etc., but not right now.
Nothing special about the underwear.  I was able to make a slip and tournure out of scraps of last years new undies.  I do wish I had entered the corset part of this contest.  Ithought I had a perfectly good victorian corset so I couldn't justify making a new one, but after using it I noticed several seams are just about done for and the busk is rubbing through....time to canabalize the parts for a new one :-)
Well that's all, I can't wait to see everyone else's entries!!!  WIth two popular eras I hope there will be more than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment