Monday, March 18, 2013

SPP Undergarments - Chemise

The next few posts will just be old entries from livejournal that I am bringing over to this blog


When looking around at patterns, I found two I really loved


I loved the button shoulders and general shape of the simplicity pattern, but I really liked the shaped yoke of the Laughing Moon Chemise.  Both of these are historically correct.

(See two quick examples)
Shaped yoke
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/cinderellascloset/10%20-%20VICTORIAN%20COSTUME/Real%20Gowns/Undergarments/set4-5.jpg

Button shoulders
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll129/cinderellascloset/10%20-%20VICTORIAN%20COSTUME/Real%20Gowns/Undergarments/DSCF3411.jpg

I just could not decide, so why not combine the two things I loved into one garment.  I.E. a chemise with a shaped yoke, and button shoulders.  Then came the big decision, what was I going to make them out of, how would I trim them?  I want to go all out on my underpinnings.  I dug through all of my trim stash and found some of the prettiest trims, all in a dark ivory.  They looked beautiful when paired with some ivory cotton, darker but a nice contrast, and they looked beautiful with each other.  So no traditional white undies for me. :-) 

On to my chemise.  I draped the yoke and I couldn't resist trying out my new embroidery machine on it.



Well that turned out so nice, I just had to use that design on the rest of my undergarments somehow.

The bottom edge of chemise( after using tweezers to pick out a million little pieces of stabilizer from the back. Not the most pleasant task, but the results are even better than I had imagined.)

 

More pictures and info later






No comments:

Post a Comment